miércoles, 21 de diciembre de 2011

A country I'd like to visit

One of the countries I'd love to visit is Germany, specifically Berlín. I have to say this preference has been influenced by many friends that have been to Europe to finish their higher education. A lot of them have told me that Berlín is the most beautiful and cool city they've ever visited, and also, I have seen many pictures of its parks, museums, buildings... it's just awesome, there's so many interesting places to visit! One of the places I’d like to visit in Berlín is the Holocaust memorial… as it’s name says, it was created to the jewish victims of the holocaust and it was designed by a german and very well-known architect called Peter Eisenman. This memorial consists in around two thousand concrete blocks perfectly aligned, on a very extensive surface area in the middle of the city. I think being at this place must be very intense… the concrete blocks must create a very cold and gloomy atmosphere.




Another place i’d like to visit, obviously, is the Berlín wall. At this point I’d like to clarify that I’m not sure if I’d like to live, study or work in Berlín, mainly because of the language… I don’t speak a word of german. But I’d love to visit this city because it has a lot of history, and its architecture seems just amazing to me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario